Sunday, October 29, 2006

THE JOURNEY BACK HOME

After 9 months I decide to go back to home and it started in the worst way possible from the time I reached the station the problems kept on creeping. First my ticket was in waiting list but an MP letter was meant to confirm it. The train was scheduled to leave at 1700 hrs. but at 1500 hrs it was still unconfirmed. The panic grew when the ttes said that it won’t be possible to accommodate anyone with even the MP card. So I gave up all hopes and was to return the ticket. I was about to cancel at 1645 hrs but there was a last moment confirmation. So I managed a seat for myself somehow, but the tension did not end there.

It is Diwali time now and all the people are really drunk and doped to the lees. The train employees were no exception. They were all swinging to the movement of the train. And the Ganja inside them kept on hitting them more and more.
One co passenger with me (a real life prank ) really led the chaos. He is a manager with the JCB but he did nothing on the way to suggest that position. Instead he commented such comments that made the people agree with their protest with the employees ,a true leader who made other swing to his moods.
The hara-kiri began as the service was not at all upto the mark. It seemed that the employees were in a dream world when they were serving the passengers. Somewhere 2 rice were given and somewhere 2 chickens. Someone was given jam in place of pickles. And a man returned the food in frustration and he was given curd in compensation. And people who had completed their dinner, kept their plates under their seats and it was kicked around by the staffs. The coup looked like any general compartment for 15 minutes. The ticket checkers were also in some hallucination, not finding me on my seat they were about to allot the seat to some waiting list. And when I came they gave a frowning look and complained me of not sitting on my seat.
Well that was all about the night but the morning service of breakfast was no different. They mixed up veg n non-veg foods and led to lot of screams n fights.
But the good thing for me was on the way. The man beside me(the JCB guy) said that it wont be difficult for him to get a summer training for me so I m counting that perhaps he will help me in getting a summer for me. This journey with all its problems would be successful if I get the summer training over there. This was not the end n I was almost at the verge of missing my station. Imagine the TTE telling that there would be a stop where it is not supposed to. Luckily I was awake so I saw the station so I got down in time.
Now the coming week was for a well deserved rest after a long time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home